Friday, May 27, 2005

an experiment. part uno

I wake up with a start.
I look up at the stucco ceiling of the hotel room and remember where I am. I'm in a hotel room in Paris. I feel the warmth next to me and remember I'm not alone. Her perfume fills my nostrils and I smile.
The room is dark all but the grey morning light streaking though the parted curtains. I entertain the thought of turning on the lamp (which somehow fell on the floor). I get up and find my underwear on the floor, pull them on, then I look over at her. She's beautiful even with her make-up smeared. Her lovely breasts rise and and fall on her chest as she sleeps for the first time in days. She was so scared a few hours ago.
A week ago I was in Brussels finishing a job helping out a friend on a protection job. A human rights activist was getting death threats and they needed someone who could handle themselves in a firefight. Luckily it didn't come to that.
My european contact called me with another job. An american actress needs a bodyguard. I figure, why not? Little did I know I'd end up having desperate, hot, sweaty sex with her.
I remembered where I put my sidearm, on the table by the door. A Para-Ordinance P-14 .45 Auto. I had almost considered using a Sig Saur 9 millimeter (since I was in Europe) but I decided against it.
I sat down at the small work desk and booted up my laptop. While it warmed up I checked the mag and the chamber of the .45.
I looked over at the bed again, she was stirring. I remembered what we went through the night before. I had been protecting her for a week and a half while she met with a high powered producer. She was being stalked by some half wit and it scared her. I tried to make her more at ease, made her laugh at the whole thing. Last night we came back from a dinner party at the the producer's mansion and found this stalker gooing though her underwear drawer. He charged at me with a knife and I put two hollowpoints in his chest.
I spent a few hours at the local police station making out a statement. She was waiting for me when I was done, the press was crushing in on us as we hustled out of there. I checked us in to two rooms at the local Hiatt. I called for room service.
......to be continued

D-

No comments: