Sunday, February 27, 2005

Eastwood makes a shout-out to his peeps back in MoCo yo!

2005 Oscars 77th Academy Awards News from Yahoo! Movies

Was it just me or was the Oscars trying a bit too hard to be "more hip"? If you call being "more Black" equalling being more hip then, yeah, I guess so. I think this was a matter of there being more african american noms this year so they may have gone a little overboard w/ the excuse they were making up for all the years of not having very many Af.Am. Oscar winners. I mean, what the fuck was Sean "Puffdaddy-PeeDiddy-I-don't-give-a-fuck-daddy" doing there?
Chris Rock was occasionally funny, of course it didn't help any that the censorship nazis probably had sniper trained on him the entire time. I thought when he said to everyone to sit their "asses" down it was going to be a Hong Kong/John Woo moment.
It was overly long, depressed me because I hadn't seen any of the movies nominated, Good for Clint, Salma Hayak has a rack that makes grown men drool, Sean Penn has no sense of humor AND could kick everyone's ass in that theatre (except Clint), Hillary Swank's hubby is still a sobbing pussy, Maybe Robin Williams should host next year, Easy Reader finally gets the little bald guy, and where was Jack?

D-

No comments: