Saturday, March 05, 2005

Doomed on Fire

Just saw "Man On Fire" again earlier this evening. It's a great movie. The first time I saw it was in Baltimore, I was with my ex. We had the choice of seeing "Troy", that vampire movie with Hugh Jackman, and this one. Although I never ended up seeing the other movies I'm glad I saw this one. Several lessons could be learned from this.
1) Denzel Washington blows things up real good.
2) When a person who has nothing to live for finds something that's worth dying over and you happen to be the poor bastard who stands in his way: Run.
3) Mexico City is a dangerous place.
4) Marc Anthony will wish he blew his head off for real after living w/ J.Lo for a couple years.
I watched it with the Parents, they have lived in California all their life. They have what you could say as a "skewed" view of people who have moved here from Mexico. I guess anybody could when Mariachi music wakes you up at 4 am in the morning or it gets harder and harder to find an english language station on their radio.
In my view there are three kinds of people, nice people, assholes, and the truly evil. If I wrote the bible it would have two words in it: Be Good. This doesn't mean walking around w/a smile plastered to you face or follow any commandment written a million effing years ago.
"Don't be an asshole" I guess would be the next commandment after that.
Yeah.
Well, anyway, Good movie.

D-

No comments: